Friday, May 25, 2012

And So It Begins...

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:" Ecclesiastes 3:1

Roses from my hubby


We are each the sum of our experiences. At this point in my life I am a daughter, sister, niece, cousin, aunt, wife, mother, daugter-in-law, sister-in-law, friend, teacher, and amateur cook. To remain current, I decided to start a blog. On it I will share experiences that have shaped or are shaping me. I will often share recipes, since many happy experiences involved events, holidays, and occasions with homemade food…especially desserts.
One of the desserts I make that are most enjoyed by family and friends are my homemade chocolate chip cookies. They stay soft and are very yummy. Here is the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

Mix 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour with 1 tsp baking soda.

Separately combine 1 cup margarine, 3/4 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 4-serving size instant vanilla pudding, and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.

Beat in 2 eggs. Gradually add flour mixture. Then stir in 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped pecans (optional). 

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. 

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. (Makes about 7 dozen)

No comments:

Post a Comment