Monday, June 4, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies for Nathaniel

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."  James 1:17
 
 
 My Nathaniel turns 23 on Friday, June 8th.  It is the first birthday I have not shared with him (sniff! sniff!).  When he was in 2nd grade and introduced himself as Nathaniel his teacher said, "Oh! Like Nate the Great~"  Ever since then most of his friends call him Nate...but he will always be Nathaniel to me.  After all I named him Nathaniel because it means "gift of God" and it says of Nathaniel that "in him there is no guile".  Nathaniel has always been a consistent source of joy for me.  In fact, right after his birth when the doctor held him up for me to see, he smiled at me.  No one can convince me otherwise...and in turn he has brought me innumerable smiles in the years since.
 
Celebrating his birthday last year~Nathaniel and me
Since Nathaniel is a huge fan of sweets, especially homemade happies, I made him some chocolate chip cookies for his birthday.  Fingers crossed that they will arrive in time!!!  I even put in a "Happy Birthday" napkin for a little piece of home.  All my fellas like my soft chocolate chip cookies, so I am sharing the how-to pictures here.  Another reason this recipe is very appropriate for Nathaniel's 23rd birthday is that I got this recipe when I was 23.  I remember because it was the first year I taught school.  Neat, huh??!!
 
 
 
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
(This recipe makes about 7 dozen cookies and they stay soft.)


Gather the ingredients.  Put the margarine
in the bowl ahead of time to soften.
Ingredients
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4-serving size Jell-O instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)



Separately combine 1 cup margarine, 3/4 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 4-serving size instant vanilla pudding, and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Smooth and creamy

Beat in 2 eggs.

Batter will be frothy.

Mix 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour with 1 tsp baking soda.

 Gradually add flour mixture. Then stir in 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped pecans (optional). 

Finished dough is soft.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. 

Keep the dough about the same size
for even baking of the cookies.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. (Makes about 7 dozen)
Let them cool 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet.

Always add a generous helping of "love" for the best results!
 Here's the recipe: 
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4-serving size Jell-O instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Mix 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour with 1 tsp baking soda separately as the flour mixture.

Separately combine 1 cup margarine, 3/4 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 4-serving size instant vanilla pudding, and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.

Beat in 2 eggs. Gradually add flour mixture. Then stir in 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped pecans (optional).

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. (Makes about 7 dozen)

6 comments:

  1. Debbie I love your instructions! The pictures look really good and are very helpful for following along! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE you blog, Debbie! Do you have the "gadget" for people to "follow" you blog? Like, if you go to mine, under my profile information is a place to "follow" it. Just wondered because I would love to follow yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to announce Nathaniel's cookies arrived on his birthday~so happy he got them on time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to announce Nathaniel's cookies arrived on his birthday~so happy he got them on time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to announce Nathaniel's cookies arrived on his birthday~so happy he got them on time!

    ReplyDelete