Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mango Smoothies

"Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—" Genesis 18:5a


As early in time as the book of Genesis in the Bible was written people were offered refreshment.  It is common courtesy to offer refreshment to guests even today.  Last fall I was looking for a healthy refreshment to offer my hubby and guests.  I mention that it was fall because I wanted to create a refreshment that would match my fall decorations...or at least coordinate well with fall colors.  So I looked in my refrigerator and pantry and found ingredients to create Mango Smoothies...very refreshing and they coordinated fabulously with the colors of fall.  Now that summer is here a Mango Smoothie sounds mighty refreshing for a hot summer afternoon regardless of the color palette...come to think of it, they look like sunshine, so they coordinate well with summer season decor! 

This is how I made them.



Mango Smoothies
(Note: This recipe makes 2 large smoothies or 4 small smoothies.)

In a blender, blend:

1 cup of Orange Juice (I used Mandarin Orange Juice drained from the canned fruit.)

1/2 cup yogurt (I used Light Apricot/Mango-flavored yogurt.)

1 ripe banana (Be sure to remove strings.)

Little by little blend in:

12 oz. of frozen, diced mango (Adjust amount for personal taste.  Frozen mango is best for the consistency of a smoothie.)

6 or so ice cubes (Use more if you want a frostier smoothie texture.  Add a few at a time until the desired consistency is reached.)

Pour immediately into glasses and be refreshed!  Leftovers can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for a couple of days and still provide a refreshing drink.



Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments: